Options when searching the catalogue
Include word variants: Word variants are variations on the stem - eg, regulate, regulator, regulatory.
Include fuzzy search: A fuzzy search gives broader results that are based on likely relevance (even though the words and spellings that are searched on may not exactly match).
Using Boolean logic to narrow/define search
Boolean term: AND
- Combines words or phrases
- Example: health promotion AND new Zealand
Boolean term: OR
- Selects references containing both terms
- Example: public health workforce OR health workforce development
Boolean term: AND NOT
- Cuts out references containing the 2nd term
- Example: health promotion AND NOT education
Boolean term: *
- Truncates terms
- Example: politic* - gives - gives politic, politics, political