There are currently outbreaks overseas of a new disease called COVID-19. This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand to date. The likelihood of an imported case in New Zealand is high, however the likelihood of a widespread outbreak is low-moderate.
The Ministry of Health is closely monitoring the situation and following guidance from the World Health Organization. If any public health measures are needed for this virus, we will advise.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Simplified Chinese version of health advice for the general public available
- Simplified Chinese version of public events and mass gathering information available
- Simplfied Chinese version of Caring for yourself and others document available
- General cleaning information for COVID-19
- Simplified Chinese resources page created
- Media update - 20 February
- Media update - Final two Whangaparāoa results negative
- Public events and mass gatherings: Advice for event organisers, staff and attendees
- Caring for yourself and others who have, or may have, COVID-19 at home
- Updated guidance for health staff implementing home care of people not requiring hospitalisation for COVID-19
- Media update - 19 February