This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
New Zealand has 1,106 confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19. More information is available on our current cases page. With continued vigilance the chance of widespread community outbreak is expected to remain low.
New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 4 – Eliminate
These alert levels specify the public health and social measures to be taken. Nationwide, New Zealand is currently at Level 4 – Eliminate. This means that it is likely that the disease is not contained. See more information about Alert levels.
Find out how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during Alert Level 4.
Health and care workers – expressions of interest for COVID-19 response
We are seeking expressions of interest from health and care professionals who are able and willing to work for a limited amount of time as part of the national strategic approach to managing COVID-19. Find out more
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Updated case definition
- Information for radiologists on community-based maternity ultrasounds
- Alert level 4 for disabled people and Guidance for people on Individualised Funding factsheets
- COVID-19 impact on Funded Family Care payments
- New rules for electronic prescriptions to support virtual care in the community
- Managing patients and reporting using Telehealth and online tools – includes information sharing advice for health professionals
- Updated information on wellbeing at Alert Level 4
- Information for providers of housing support
- COVID-19 modelling reports