This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
New Zealand has 1,504 confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19. More information is available on our current cases page.
Alert Level 2
On Thursday 14 May New Zealand moved to Alert Level 2 - Reduce.
Gatherings and events
From 12pm on Friday 29 May new increased limits on gatherings and events will apply. The need for funerals or tangihanga to register via the Ministry of Health will stop. Further information about these changes will be available later this week. Find out more on the COVID-19 website.
The Ministry has launched Āwhina - an app which helps health workers stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 information and receive notifications when new content is added or updated. Find out more about Āwhina.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Updated: Guidance for Mental Health Act processes and Mental Health Act information for service users
- Updated: Quarantine and managed isolation numbers
- Updated: Self-isolation for close contacts
- Updated: Case definition
- Updated: Primary care quick reference guide
- Updated: Alert Level 2 guidance for managing residents entering and exiting aged residential care facilities
- Updated: Advice for all health professionals
- Updated: Advice for higher risk people
- Updated: Funded temporary accommodation for front-line workers
- NZ COVID Tracer app - Integrating with third party solutions
- Updated: NZ COVID Tracer app questions and answers
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing Data Standard (HISO 10085:2020)
- Guidance for businesses on workplace screening: COVID-19 testing and temperature checking