This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
New Zealand has 1,504 confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19. More information is available on our current cases page.
Alert Level 2
On Thursday 14 May New Zealand moved to Alert Level 2 - Reduce.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Updated: Self-isolation for close contacts
- Updated: Case definition
- Updated: Primary care quick reference guide
- Updated: Alert Level 2 guidance for managing residents entering and exiting aged residential care facilities
- Updated: Advice for all health professionals
- Updated: Advice for higher risk people
- Updated: Funded temporary accommodation for front-line workers
- NZ COVID Tracer app - Integrating with third party solutions
- Updated: NZ COVID Tracer app questions and answers
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing Data Standard (HISO 10085:2020)
- Guidance for businesses on workplace screening: COVID-19 testing and temperature checking
- Updated: Screening form for a person to enter an aged residential care facility
- Updated quarantine and managed isolation numbers
- NZ COVID Tracer app
- Public health guidelines for businesses, services and community organisations at Alert Level 2
- Updated questions and answers for primary health care workers