This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
There are 2 new cases of COVID-19 today, 29 September 2020. There are now 55 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand. See our Current cases page.
Auckland is at Alert Level 2. The rest of New Zealand is at Alert Level 1. Find out more on the Unite Against COVID-19 website. The Government will review the Alert Level for Auckland on Monday 5 October.
In Auckland at Alert Level 2, wearing masks remains mandatory on domestic flights to, from or through Auckland, and on public transport such as trains, buses and ferries. Gatherings may include up to 100 people.
For the rest of New Zealand at Alert Level 1, wearing masks on domestic flights to, from or through Auckland is mandatory. While it is not mandatory to wear a mask on public transport, it is encouraged.
All of New Zealand should continue to do the following:
- sign into places, using the NZ COVID Tracer app or keep a record
- maintain good hygiene practices
- stay home if you’re unwell and get a test.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Updated: Testing rates for ethnicity and DHB
- Updated: Contact tracing locations of interest
- Updated: Guidelines for businesses and services
- Updated: PPE: Guide to glove and mask use in health care settings