The Ministry is led by an Executive Leadership Team. There are also specialist health professional and advisory roles to provide clinical and technical advice to the Minister of Health, the Ministry and the sector.
Leadership in the Ministry
In this section
- The ELT membership is decided by the Director-General of Health. Read more
- Groups who provide leadership in key health areas, and advise on and monitor services in New Zealand. Read more
- These roles have functions for which the Ministry must provide organisational support by law. Read more
- Chief advisors are recognised leaders in their fields and have extensive experience across policy and strategy formation, implementation and management, as well as clinical or health professional practice. Read more
- Clinical leaders provide technical advice and are likely to have professional backgrounds. Read more