The Ministry is led by an Executive Leadership Team. There are also specialist health professional and advisory roles to provide clinical and technical advice to the Minister of Health, the Ministry and the sector.
Leadership in the Ministry
In this section
- Meet the Ministry's leadership team. Read more
- Groups who provide leadership in key health areas, and advise on and monitor services in New Zealand. Read more
- These roles have functions set out in the law, for which the Ministry provides organisational support Read more
- The Ministry's clinical leaders provide clinical leadership and advice and are likely to have professional backgrounds. Read more
- The allied health workforce is made up of health professionals who are not part of the medical, dental or nursing professions. There are approximately 47 professions that are classed as Allied Health professions in New Zealand. Read more