Contact us

To contact the Ministry of Health, please choose from the following options.

General enquiries

For general enquiries:

COVID-19 queries

For COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Healthline team (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMS.

For COVID-19 advice and guidance, visit the Health Information and Services website.

Website feedback

If you have a comment regarding technical aspects of this website or to report a broken link please use the feedback form or email the Digital Communications team.

Media assistance

Report dishonest behaviour

If you suspect fraud or dishonesty – or are just concerned something doesn't seem right – you can report it to the Health Integrity Line, any time, on 0800 424 888. It's anonymous and free.

Ministry of Health contact details

Postal address Ministry of Health
PO Box 5013
Wellington 6140
Phone (04) 496 2000
Fax (04) 496 2340
Email [email protected]

If you know the name of a particular person at the Ministry you are trying to contact, you can use this email format: 
firstname.lastname @
Street address 133 Molesworth Street
Wellington 6011

In this section

  • Contact details for Ministry of Health business groups: Medicines control, MedSafe, the Office of Radiation Safety, HealthCERT and Health of older people.  Read more
  • How to make an Official Information Act request to the Ministry, and where to look in case the information you’re looking for has already been published. Read more
  • If you’re not happy about a health and disability service, you can make a complaint. Read more
  • The Health Integrity Line - 0800 424 888 - is a free, anonymous 24/7 phone line for you to report fraud or any other activities you’re concerned about in the health system. Read more
  • Health and disability services need to keep your personal information safe. If your privacy has been breached, you can make a complaint. Read more
  • The Ministry of Health administers claims relating to allegations of abuse in state-run psychiatric facilities prior to 1 July 1993. Such abuse includes allegations of physical abuse, sexual abuse or treatment used as punishment (such as ECT or solitary confinement) while in care. Read more
  • What to do in an emergency. Where to get everyday medical advice. Where to get help for a mental health crisis and find ongoing support. Read more
Back to top