Find out about the legislation relating to mental health and addictions.
Mental health and addiction
We’re working to transform New Zealand’s mental health and addiction system.
Video: As part of Mental Health Awarenesss Week 2020, Robyn Shearer, Deputy Director-General, Mental Health and Addiction, talks about our mental health and wellbeing response to COVID-19.
Updates & announcements
- Government moves on drug checking to keep young New Zealanders safer this summer - 1 Dec
- Government confirms new acute mental health facility for Lakes DHB - 30 Sept
- Young people leading the way to good mental wellbeing - 24 Sept
- More mental wellbeing services for young people in regions - 14 Sept
- World Suicide Prevention Day - 10 Sept
- See earlier updates