This section provides information about the Ministry's work in the areas of mental health and addictions, including depression and suicide prevention.
- 24 August 2020: New physical activity fund will make a significant difference to mental health outcomes
- 21 August 2020: Suicide Prevention Office calls for an end to speculation about suicide numbers
- 6 August 2020: Funding to expand mental health support for Pacific peoples
- 19 July 2020: Mental health and addictions charities and community groups get share of $200K to support people through impacts of COVID-19
- 11 July 2020: 300,000 students to benefit from free mental health services
- 9 July 2020: Call for providers of new kaupapa Māori primary mental health services
- 8 July 2020: Specialist alcohol and drug addiction services strengthened across New Zealand
- Read earlier updates
- 21 August: Mental Health and Addiction
- 12 August: Mental Health & Addiction COVID-19 update
- 7 August: Mental Health and Addiction
- 31 July: Mental Health and Addiction update
- 20 July: Mental Health and Addiction update
- 10 July: Mental Health and Addiction update
- 2 July: Mental Health and Addiction update
- Read earlier newsletters
The Ministry of Health welcomes the Government’s response to He Ara Oranga, the report of the independent Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction.
We have a stewardship role to transform New Zealand’s mental health and addiction system into one that puts people at the centre.