Find out about the legislation relating to mental health and addictions.
Mental health and addiction
Video: As part of Mental Health Awarenesss Week 2020, Robyn Shearer, Deputy Director-General, Mental Health and Addiction, talks about our mental health and wellbeing response to COVID-19.
Updates & announcements
- Government delivers more wellbeing support for young people – 19 Feb
- First ever nationwide funding of mental health services for Rainbow young – 14 Feb
- Bursaries grow our Māori mental health workforce – 12 Feb
- Government moves on drug checking to keep young New Zealanders safer this summer – 1 Dec
- Government confirms new acute mental health facility for Lakes DHB – 30 Sept
- See earlier updates
A framework for actions to support the mental wellbeing of New Zealanders as we respond to the impacts of COVID-19.
This document outlines the progress made by the Ministry of Health in the first quarter of 2020 of delivering to He Ara Oranga.