12 May 2022
Influenza vaccines administered in New Zealand
The numbers as at 6 May 2022
- 91,950 flu vaccines administered across New Zealand in the past week, bringing the total to date to 678,821 (13.3% of the population).
- Flu vaccines administered to those over 65 so far: 403,914 (49.7%).
- Flu vaccines administered to Māori aged 55 to 65 so far: 9,477 (13.6%).
- Flu vaccines administered to Pacific people aged 55 to 65 so far: 4,678 (14.7%).
- 1,098,288 doses have been distributed around the country.
What you need to know
- Getting a flu jab helps reduce your risk of getting really sick or having to go to hospital.
- Reopening New Zealand's border means we will see new strains of flu spreading in our communities.
- Flu vaccines are free for those people most likely to get very sick - people who are over 65 years of age; Māori and Pacific people over 55 years of age; pregnant people; and those with underlying health conditions.