A guideline for district health boards
This guideline provides a means to achieve an integrated system for users and providers of mental health and addiction services for older people, and dementia services for people of any age.
The guideline includes:
- guiding service principles
- an evidence-based seven-tiered service model
- recommendations for achieving the vision.
The document discusses the requirements of the proposed framework for the following services:
- Services for Māori
- Mental health prevention and promotion
- Primary health care
- Specialist services for mental health, addiction and dementia
- Support services in home and residential care
- Alcohol and drug services
- Intellectual disability
- Long-term conditions.
The guideline also discusses and makes recommendations on workforce requirements and clinical leadership.