Information about changes in the abortion legislation and what these changes mean for health practitioners.
Find information about accessing abortion services on the DECIDE website or by calling 0800 DECIDE (0800 332433)
- Changes were made to the abortion law in 2020 to better align the legislation with that of other health services.
- These pages have information about what these changes mean for health practitioners, including training and support to become an abortion provider.
- Work is underway to support more accessible and equitable abortion services.
- Guidance for practitioners currently providing abortion services can be found in the New Zealand Abortion Clinical Guideline.
- For those providing abortion counselling, visit the Standard for Abortion Counselling in Aotearoa New Zealand for further information on what abortion counselling means.