Registrations for the New Zealand Medical Assistance Team (NZMAT) are invited from clinicians and supporting staff working in pre-hospital, primary, secondary and tertiary care settings within New Zealand.
Volunteering for NZMAT
In this section
- Information on how to register as a New Zealand Medical Assistance Team volunteer, volunteering in response to a specific event, and on the protection of your personal information. Read more
- Information on how and how far in advance you will be notified of New Zealand Medical Assistance Team deployment, and information on accepting deployment. Read more
- People interested in volunteering with the New Zealand Medical Assistance Team (NZMAT) must check that they meet the NZMAT selection requirements before applying. Read more
- The Ministry of Health has secured limited places for New Zealand Medical Assistance Team volunteers to undertake Australian Medical Assistance Team (AUSMAT) training through the National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre in Darwin, Australia. Read more
- Information on what conditions to expect, length of deployment, travel arrangements, team structure, pay and expenses, and more. Read more