This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
We have four new positive cases of COVID-19 of unknown origin. See the media release for more information.
As is our usual protocol we are tracing all close and casual contacts of these cases, and getting them tested for COVID-19. All close contacts will remain in self-isolation for 14 days, and all casual contacts will remain in self isolation until they have returned a negative test.
There are now 26 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand. New Zealand's confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 to date is 1574 – see our current cases page.
As of midday on Wednesday August 12 the Auckland region (Auckland Council area) is at Alert Level 3 for 3 days until midnight on Friday 14 August. The rest of New Zealand is at Alert Level 2. Find out more from the Unite Against COVID-19 website.
Where to get a test for COVID-19 in Auckland
If you have symptoms you can:
- get a test at most GPs - call ahead to find out if you need a test and follow their advice.
- get a test at a Community Testing Centre - this list will continue to be updated.
You can also call Healthline for health advice on 0800 358 5453.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Updated: Aged care providers
- Updated: Assessment and testing
- Added: How COVID-19 testing works
- Added: COVID-19 test results and their accuracy
- Added: COVID-19: What we know about infection and immunity
- Updated: Case definition and testing guidance for COVID-19
- Updated: Cleaning information
- Updated: Aviation sector
- Updated: Use of masks in the community