Disability Workforce Action Plan 2013–2016
The Disability Workforce Action Plan 2013–2016 outlines the priority actions and outcomes for the next three years that will:
- Increase the skills of the disability workforce (regulated and non-regulated)
- Increase the skills of people with disabilities
- Improve the learning options for carers and family/whānau who support people with disabilities
- Improve information about the disability workforce
- Improve integration of disability workforce development
These priorities and actions have been informed by relevant research information and sector intelligence, consultation with stakeholders and guidance from the workforce reference group. It also builds upon the achievements and learnings from the previous Disability Workforce Action plan 2009–2014.
To implement this plan, the Ministry of Health will assume lead responsibility and will collaborate with stakeholders in the disability sector. Key to supporting planned implementation will be the on-going advice of the disability workforce reference group.
For more information contact:
Feala Afoa – Development Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (09) 580 9053.
For a copy of the Disability Workforce Action Plan 2013/16, please email Susan Fernandes at: email@example.com