The Ministry of Health collects, maintains and analyses data from national population health surveys. In this section you can find information about these surveys, as well as the data and publications from these surveys.
In this section
- The New Zealand Health Monitor survey provides information for the health sector so that they can develop and evaluate evidence-informed policies and strategies, plan and allocated resources to services, and manage the sector strategically. Read more
- Information for respondents to the New Zealand Health Monitor’s national population health surveys. Describes how the surveys adhere to the principles of respect for persons, informed consent, privacy and confidentiality, minimisation of harm, and cultural and social responsibility. Read more
- Microdata refers to unit record and aggregate data that can be collected through surveys, censuses or administrative processes Read more
- The New Zealand Health Survey provides information about the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders. Read more
- As part of the government’s response to COVID-19, the Ministry of Health would like to find out how people are getting on at this time with a short 10 minute survey. Read more
- Information about past health surveys, including the Alcohol and Drug Use Survey, the Nutrition Survey, the Oral Health Survey, the Mental Health Survey, the Tobacco Use Survey and others. Read more