Documentation and a cost weight table for the WIESNZ14 methodology.
The New Zealand Casemix Framework for Publicly Funded Hospitals provides the definitions for inclusion of hospital events in casemix funding together with information related to the calculation of cost weights for these events and the assignment of events to purchase units. WIESNZ14 uses AR-DRG 6.0x which is based on ICD-10-AM 6th Edition codes. A new set of cost weights are provided in the WIESNZ14 weights table.
WIESNZ14 includes the following changes from the previous year:
- ICD-10-AM/ACHI 8th Edition was implemented 1 July 2014. Events coded in 8th Edition will have their codes back-mapped to ICD-10-AM/CHI 6th Edition which are then used to derive AR-DRG6.0x. Exclusion rules are based on 6th Edition coding and AR-DRG v6.0x
- NZ DRG Allocation – Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Implant rule has been revised. NZ DRG allocation is based on the new ICD-10-AM 8th Edition procedure code
- Co-payment developed for live donor nephrectomy
- Ophthalmology injections – purchase unit code changed
- Skin lesion exclusion rule has been revised to allow for the change in coding standards between ICD-10-AM 6th and 8th Editions
- Same day (SD) designation removed from 38 DRGs
- Purchase Unit Code descriptor for S05.01 Anaesthesiology revised
- Excluded Purchase Unit Code added for Health Speciality Code D55