The Minister of Health Volunteer Awards are an opportunity to recognise the thousands of unsung heroes who support New Zealand’s health and disability services.
The 2019 Minister of Health Volunteer Awards were presented on 17 June, during National Volunteer Week, at the Grand Hall Parliament.
This year's recipients are:
- Health Volunteer of the Year – David Ratū
- Health Care Provider Service Team Volunteers – Martinborough Community Health Project
- Health Care Provider Service Individual Winners – Jan Pessione
- Community or NGO Health Service Team Awards – Volunteer Team at Dementia Canterbury
- Community or NGO Health Service Individual Awards – David Ratū
- Māori Health Volunteer Award – Aunty Lovey Hodgkinson and the Te Reo Reka Ukelele Group
- Pacific Health Volunteer Award – Violani ‘llolahia Wills
- Youth Health Volunteer Team Award – Joint winners – Silverline Otago, Reading Buddies from Michael Park School in Auckland
- Youth Health Volunteer Individual – Ben Alsop-ten Hove,
- Long Service awards – Joint Winners – Joe Greco, George Wright
Find out more about these 2019 recipients and the runners up: 2019 Volunteer Awards recipients