The Minister of Health Volunteer Awards are an opportunity to recognise the thousands of unsung heroes who support New Zealand’s health and disability services.
The 2017 Minister of Health Volunteer Awards were presented on 22 June, during National Volunteer Week, at the Grand Hall Parliament.
The 2017 recipients were:
- Health Volunteer of the Year – Wellington Hospitals Volunteer Service
- Health Care Provider Service Team Volunteers – Wellington Hospitals Volunteer Service
- Health Care Provider Service Individual Winners – Roy Gardiner
- Community or NGO Health Service Team Volunteers – Knox Home Companions
- Community or NGO Health Service Individual Winners – Arron Schroder
- Māori/Pacific Health Team Volunteers – Te Angitu (Leadership Roopu)
- Māori/Pacific Health Volunteer Individual Winners – Luisa Masalo
- Youth Health Volunteer Individual awards – Eilish Wilkes
- Long Service awards – Elizabeth Swift