If you do not match any of the situations listed on the Guide to eligibility for publicly funded health services page, you may however be eligible for a limited range of services in certain situations. Check whether you meet other eligibility criteria listed below.
Other eligibility criteria
- Accidents and personal injuries
- Australian residents
- Compulsory health services
- Emergency services
- Foreign diplomats and their family
- Immunisations and Well Child
- Infectious diseases
- Maternity services
- Pregnant women infected with HIV
Not eligible? A recommendation:
The government strongly recommends that people in New Zealand who are not eligible for publicly funded health services hold comprehensive travel insurance, including health insurance.