The Cancer Programme Leadership Board provides executive leadership over the National Cancer Programme, ensures the programme aligns with the New Zealand Health Strategy, and provides a long-term vision for cancer services in New Zealand.
The Board meets quarterly to direct and support the work of the Cancer Services team and the Regional Cancer Networks, and to consider advice from advisory and working groups.
Chair: Stuart Powell, Service Commissioning, Ministry of Health
Members of the Board are:
- Dr Scott Macfarlane, Clinical Advisor, Cancer Services, Service Commissioning, Ministry of Health
- Clare Perry, Group Manager, Integrated Service Design, Service Commissioning, Ministry of Health
- David Meates, Chief Executive, Canterbury and West Coast District Health Boards
- Cath Cronin, Director of Hospital Services, Waitemata District Health Board
- Helene Carbonatto, General Manager Strategy, Planning and Outcomes, Hutt Valley District Health Board
- Dawn Wilson, Manager, Cancer Services, Service Commissioning, Ministry of Health
- Dr Diana Sarfati, Professor Public Health, University of Otago
- Stephanie Turner, General Manager Māori and Pacifica, MidCentral District Health Board
- Dr Api Talemaitoga, General Practitioner, Christchurch
- Dr Richard Sullivan, Director, Northern Cancer Network
- Graeme Woodside, Chair, CANGO
- Jo Stafford, Chair, Cancer Consumer New Zealand.