Proactive release of Ministerial decision-making documents.
09 December 2021
On 29 November 2021, the Cabinet considered and approved to publish the Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan, and to amend the Smokefree Environments and Regulated Products Act 1990, to achieve Smokefree Aotearoa by 2025.
These papers relate to the recent decision to publish the Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan. Please note some information has been withheld under the following sections of the Official Information Act 1982:
- 9(2)(ba)(i) – to protect information which is subject to an obligation of confidence or which any person has been or could be compelled to provide under the authority of any enactment, where the making available of the information would be likely to prejudice the supply of similar information, or information from the same source, and it is in the public interest that such information should continue to be supplied.
- 9(2)(f)(iv) – to maintain the constitutional conventions for the time being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials.
Read more about:
- the Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan
- the Regulatory Impact Statement for the Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan
- the consultation proposal