Proactive release of Ministerial decision-making documents.
Disability System Transformation is a programme of work under the Disability Action Plan 2019-2023. It aligns with the Government’s priority to support healthier, safer, and more connected communities. This work supports the health and disability system reforms, including the goal to build a stronger health and disability system that delivers for all New Zealanders, including disabled people.
In line with Cabinet office circular CO18(4), the following material is being released with redactions under section 9(2)(f)(iv) of the OIA to maintain the constitutional conventions for the time being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials:
- Cabinet paper: Disability System Transformation: establishing a Ministry for Disabled People and national implementation of the Enabling Good Lives approach
- Cabinet minute: Disability System Transformation: Establishing a Ministry for Disabled People and National Implementation of the Enabling Good Lives Approach (SWC-21-MIN-0146)
- Cabinet paper appendices (6):
- Appendix One: Enabling Good Lives (EGL) Vision and Principles
- Appendix Two: background on Disability System Transformation and key decisions to date
- Appendix Three: Disability Support Services (DSS)
- Appendix Four: evaluation of EGL demonstration sites to inform the national implementation of the EGL approach
- Appendix Five: phased roadmap for national implementation of the EGL approach 2021 – 2024
- Appendix Six: statements from the Whānau Ora Interface Group and the National Enabling Good Lives Leadership Group