New roles and initiatives in nursing.
Developments in nursing
In this section
- Stories and videos highlighting the ways nurses are improving aged care in New Zealand. Read more
- In April 2016, Government agreed to the proposal to amend the regulations so that nurse practitioners and optometrists can issue standing orders. Read more
- Key findings about the employment of new graduate nurses through district health boards (DHBs) Read more
- The nurse practitioner is a highly educated and experienced health professional working to improve health and to reduce inequalities in health. Read more
- Registered nurse prescribing improves people’s access to healthcare, including access to medicines, and improves care while maintaining safety. Read more