Businesses and organisations should display the official NZ COVID Tracer QR code posters wherever customers or visitors enter the premises.
On this page:
- Getting your official QR code posters
- Using the self-service option
- Using the Ministry of Health template if you have more than 20 locations
- Business Connect
- Privacy information
Businesses and other organisations can get their official NZ COVID Tracer QR code posters through the new self-service webform — you will need a valid New Zealand driver licence to use this service.
If you have a large number of locations or do not have a driver licence you can email a completed template to the Ministry of Health.
You will need to create a separate poster for each of your premises or unique locations but can print as many copies of each poster as you need. Make sure to put them on display in prominent locations next to every entrance.
A video explaining the process for getting QR code posters is available below.
Use the new self-service webform to quickly and easily generate your official QR code posters.
Please note the service is unavailable on Saturdays between 6pm and midnight due to scheduled maintenance.
To use the webform, you will need:
- a valid New Zealand driver licence so we can verify your identity
- the address details for each of your premises
- your email address
- an email address and contact phone number for each of your locations.
You will need to complete a separate webform for each location. If you have a large number of locations, you may instead want to follow the process outlined in the next section.
For large or multi site locations you can also get your official QR code posters by sending us a completed template (below). All you need is:
- the name of your business/organisation and the NZBN (if any)
- address information for each of your locations
- an email address for each location (ie, the person who will print the poster).
Once you’ve completed the template, send it by email to the team at email@example.com.
Once we have received and reviewed your template, we will phone you as soon as we can to complete an identity check. This step can be completed more quickly if you have your driver licence handy, although we also have other verification options.
We will then generate your official QR code poster or posters and send them to the email addresses provided in the template. Please note due to the large volume of requests this may take up to 5 business days.
You can also generate your official QR code posters through the Business Connect service if you prefer. If you are already registered with Business Connect, simply log in to the service to get started.
If you are not already registered with Business Connect, you will need:
- a RealMe login (RealMe verified identity is not required)
- a New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) and access to your NZBN profile
- authority over your business or organisation
- to register with Business Connect.
The information you provide to the Ministry in order to generate your official QR code posters will be used only for purposes relating to contact tracing and the management of QR codes during the COVID-19 pandemic response. The information will not be shared with other government agencies except where the agency is directly involved in the COVID-19 public health response.
For further information on how your personal information is managed, please refer to the Privacy Statement.