Holmwood Hospital and Rest Home
Profile & contact details
|Premises name||Holmwood Hospital and Rest Home|
|Address||114 King Street Rangiora 7400|
|Service types||Rest home care, Geriatric|
|Certification/licence name||Oceania Care Company Limited - Holmwood|
|Current auditor||Health Audit (NZ) Limited|
|End date of current certificate/licence||20 July 2016|
|Certification period||36 months|
|Provider name||Oceania Care Company Limited|
|Street address||2 Hargreaves Street Saint Marys Bay Auckland 1011|
|Post address||PO Box 9507 Newmarket Auckland 1149|
Progress on issues from the last audit
What’s on this page?
This rest home has been audited against the Health and Disability Services Standards. During the last audit, the auditors identified some areas for improvement.
Issues from their last audit are listed in the corrective actions table below, along with the action required to fix the issue, its risk level, and whether or not the issue has been reported as fixed.
A guide to the table is available below.
Details of corrective actions
Date of last audit: 11 November 2014
|Outcome required||Found at audit||Action required||Risk rating||Action status||Date action reported complete|
|A corrective action plan addressing areas requiring improvement in order to meet the specified Standard or requirements is developed and implemented.||The internal audits and satisfaction surveys that identify shortfalls do not consistently evidence documented corrective action plans, implementation of corrective action plans, management sign off and communication of same to all concerned.||Provide evidence the identified shortfalls following internal audits and satisfaction surveys record corrective action plans and that these corrective action plans are implemented, signed off by management and communicated to all concerned.||PA Low||In Progress|
|Advance directives that are made available to service providers are acted on where valid.||‘Not for Resuscitation’ orders were signed by enduring power of attorneys (EPOA’s)||‘Not for Resuscitation’ orders may only be signed by residents who are cognitively able to make their own decisions.||PA Moderate||In Progress|
|Each stage of service provision (assessment, planning, provision, evaluation, review, and exit) is provided within time frames that safely meet the needs of the consumer.||A clinical file review evidenced neurological observations were not completed for a resident who suffered an unobserved fall.||Staff to ensure they complete neurological observations for all residents that have un-observed falls.||PA Moderate||In Progress|
The outcome required by the Health and Disability Services Standards.
Found at audit
The issue that was found when the rest home was audited.
The action necessary to fix the issue, as decided by the auditor.
Whether the required outcome was partially attained (PA) or unattained (UA), and what the risk level of the issue is.
The outcome is partially attained when:
- there is evidence that the rest home has the appropriate process in place, but not the required documentation
- when the rest home has the required documentation, but is unable to show that the process is being implemented.
The outcome is unattained when the rest home cannot show that they have the needed processes, systems or structures in place.
The risk level is determined by two things: how likely the issue is to happen and how serious the consequences of it happening would be.
The risk levels are:
- negligible – this issue requires no additional action or planning.
- low – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within a specified and agreed time frame, such as one year.
- moderate – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within a specific and agreed time frame, such as six months.
- high – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within one month or as agreed between the service and auditor.
- critical – This issue requires immediate corrective action in order to fix the identified issue including documentation and sign off by the auditor within 24 hours to ensure consumer safety.
The risk level may be downgraded once the rest home reports the issue is fixed.
Whether the necessary action is still in progress or if it is complete, as reported by the rest home to the relevant district health board.
Date action reported complete
The date that the district health board was told the issue was fixed.
Additional audit reports
Redacted full audit reports for audits that were processed and approved between 29 August 2013 and 16 December 2014 are also available. These additional reports will be included on this page shortly.
What’s on this page?
Audit reports for this rest home’s latest audits can be downloaded below.
Full audit reports are provided for audits processed and approved after 16 December 2014 and audit summaries are shown for audits prior to that date.
Both the full reports and the summaries include:
- an overview of the rest home’s performance, and
- coloured indicators showing how well the rest home performed against the different aspects of the Health and Disability Services Standards.
Before you read the audit summaries, please read our guide to rest home certification and audits.
Note: From November 2013, as rest homes are audited, any issues from their latest audit (the corrective actions required by the auditor) will appear on the rest home’s page. As the rest home completes the required actions, the status on the web site will update.
Audit reportsAudit date: 11 November 2014
Audit type:Surveillance Audit
- Holmwood Hospital and Rest Home - Nov 2014 (docx, 46.88 KB)
- Holmwood Hospital and Rest Home - Nov 2014 (pdf, 133.95 KB)
Audit type:Verification Audit
Audit type:Surveillance Audit
Audit type:Certification Audit