- About Disability Support Services
- New model for supporting disabled people
- Disability Sector Strategic Reference Group
- Māori disability support services
- Projects and programmes
- Contracting with us
- DSS operational policy
- Organisations and websites
- Intellectual Disability Act 2003
- Sleepover Settlement
The Ministry’s aim is that disabled people are able to live in their homes and participate in their communities as other New Zealanders do.
This website includes information on the role of Disability Support Services within the Ministry of Health, the disability support services funded by the Ministry of Health, current projects and programmes and information for those contracting with us. It also provides some useful links to disability support services not funded by the Ministry of Health.
The Ministry of Health is one of a number of agencies providing support and services for disabled people.
If you would like more information about Disability Support Services or the disability support services we fund, please call 0800 373 664 or you can email us on email@example.com.
If you would like to make a complaint about Disability Support Services or the disability support services we fund, go to Contact Disability Support Services.
1 July 2014: DSS Pricing Programme update
In this section
- Disability Support Services plans and funds disability support services, and administers the Intellectual Disability (Compulsory Care and Rehabilitation) Act 2003. Read more
- Disabled people want a good life and more choice and control over support they receive. The Ministry has developed a new model for disability support services. Read more
- A forum for stakeholders to discuss strategic disability issues and identify opportunities for improvement. Summary notes are posted after each meeting. Read more
- A number of Māori provider organisations offer services for Māori who have a disability, and have services specifically for Māori. Read more
- Key programmes and projects that Disability Support Services is currently working on. Read more
- Find Disability Support Services contracts and service specifications, and information on invoicing, payments and auditing. Read more
- Operational policy for the exceptional circumstances when a Community Residential Support Service Provider requests the exit of a service user. Read more
- Publications relating to disability and disability services in New Zealand. Read more
- A newsletter providing updates for the health and disability sector on the work of Disability Support Services. Read more
- Useful links relating to disability services in New Zealand. Read more
- The Act provides for the care and rehabilitation of people with intellectual disabilities who have been found unfit to stand trial on, or convicted of, an imprisonable offence. Read more
- This section provides regular updates and information on the Sleepover Wages (Settlement) Act 2011. Read more
Adjust text size
Read how to adjust the text size in your browser.