Talofa lava, malo e lelei, kia orana, taloha ni, fakalofa lahi atu, ni sa bula vinaka, kia ora, welcome.
The Ministry of Health is committed to working with the health and disability sector to improve Pacific peoples’ health outcomes and reduce inequalities experienced by Pacific peoples.
This section offers information on the Ministry of Health’s work to achieve health and wellbeing for Pacific peoples, as well as Pacific health resources and publications.
In this section
- There are more than 22 different Pacific communities in New Zealand. This page describes the biggest groups. Read more
- ‘Ala Mo‘ui sets out the priority outcomes and actions that will contribute to achieving better health outcomes for Pacific people, families and communities. Read more
- The awards help improve access to health services for Pacific peoples by assisting the development of the Pacific health and disability workforce. Read more
- The reasons for the relatively poor health of Pacific peoples in New Zealand are numerous and complex. Read more
- All parts of the health and disability sector are responsible for improving Pacific health outcomes and reducing inequalities. Read more
- Ministry publications and other useful resources relating to Pacific health. Read more
- This page provides links to a selection of New Zealand and international Pacific health websites. Read more