Including the Director-General of Health’s Annual Report on the State of Public Health
This annual report outlines the Ministry of Health’s key achievements for the 2010/11 financial year. It includes the Ministry’s output performance and financial summary.
The report includes the Health and Independence Report, which provides a snapshot of the overall functioning of the health and disability system in New Zealand.
- This annual report outlines the role of the Ministry of Health and details the most significant activities undertaken by the Ministry during 2010/11, and results and outcomes achieved. Progress is discussed against the six health targets, followed by sections corresponding to the four intermediate outcomes in the Ministry’s outcomes framework.
- A summary is provided of our organisational development and capability.
- The Statement of Service Performance for the Year Ended 30 June 2011 outlines the Ministry’s performance of its core functions for each appropriation and output class. A new set of measures devised for 2011/12 has been used, where appropriate, to report on performance during the 2010/11 year.
- The report includes the Audit Report, and the Financial Statements and Schedules for the Year Ended 30 June 2011 for Departmental and Non-departmental Expenditure.
- The Health and Independence Report - the Director-General of Health's Annual Report on the State of Public Health, includes high-level indicators of the overall health of the population that show New Zealanders' health is continuing to improve. There are also indicators of how well the health system is performing.