Privacy and security
You may browse and access information contained within this website without providing personal information.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (eg, through online forms or email requests), we will hold your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
The Privacy Act 1993 regulates us through the Information Privacy Principles as to how we collect, use, hold, disclose, access, correct, manage and dispose of your personal information.
Some information, however, is automatically retrieved about your visit, such as:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on the website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the website
- the referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to this website
- your operating system (eg, Windows XP, Mac OSX)
- the type of web browser you use (eg, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
No effort is made to identify individual visitors.
Use of statistical information: The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by website administrators and certain other Ministry staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
This website generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring website usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this website without affecting your ability to use the website.
To view any personal information held by us, or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold and wish to request its correction, please write to:
The Privacy Officer
Ministry of Health
PO Box 5013