The New Zealand Health Survey (NZHS) provides information about the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders. The NZHS became a continuous survey in 2011, enabling the publication of annual updates on the health of New Zealanders.
You can find on this page:
- latest survey results (2012/13)
- survey methodology and information
- how to access survey microdata
- 2011/12 Health Survey publications
- 2006/07 Health Survey publications
- 2002/03 Health Survey publications
- 1996/97 Health Survey publications
- 1992/93 Health Survey publications
This report presents the 2012/13 results from the New Zealand Health Survey, for both adults and children. The report includes information on health behaviours and risk factors, health conditions and access to health services.
This report presents findings from the 2012/13 New Zealand Health Survey (NZHS) about ‘at least monthly’ and ‘past year’ amphetamine use in adults aged 16–64 years of age. It also reports the mean age of ‘past year’ amphetamine users aged 16–64 years of age.
These data tables give regional estimates for 20 District Health Boards (DHBs) and 12 Public Health Units (PHUs) for both adults and children.
This report describes the methodology of the New Zealand Health Survey, including detailed information about the 2012/13 survey.
The questionnaires and content guides give information about the content of the adult and child surveys.
This report outlines the sample design of the New Zealand Health Survey.
This report outlines the key information domains and topic areas in the survey.
Researchers can apply to access the unit record data from the survey for research purposes.
A confidential unit record file (CURF) of the 2012/13 New Zealand Health Survey will be available mid-2014, through Statistics New Zealand.
Read more about How to access survey microdata.
Go to Statistics New Zealand to find out how to apply to CURFs.
- The Health of New Zealand Adults 2011/12
- The Health of New Zealand Children 2011/12
- Hazardous drinking 2011/12
- Patient Experience 2011/12
- Emergency Department Use 2011/12
- Problem gambling 2011/12
- Regional results 2011/12
- The Health of Māori Adults and Children 2011/12
- The Health of Pacific Adults and Children 2011/12
- Methodology report 2011/12
- Content guide 2011/12
- A Portrait of Health: Key results of the 2006/07 New Zealand Health Survey
- A focus on problem gambling 2006/07
- A focus on Māori and pacific children 2006/07
- Methodology report 2006/07
- Content guide 2006/07
- Sampling Maori populations 2006/07
- Body Size Technical Report: Measurements and classifications in the 2006/07 New Zealand Health Survey
- A Portrait of Health: Key results of the 2002/03 New Zealand Health Survey (available in the Library Catalogue)
- Taking the Pulse: The 1996/97 New Zealand Health Survey (available in the Library Catalogue)
- A Picture of Health (available in the Library Catalogue)
- Shaping Up: A profile of New Zealanders’ patterns of smoking, drinking, exercise and body mass index (available in the Library Catalogue)