The Immunisation Handbook 2014 provides clinical guidelines for health professionals on the safest and most effective use of vaccines in their practice.
Read the handbook
To read the Immunisation Handbook you can:
- view the Immunisation Handbook online
- download the epub to your tablet or phone (EPUB, 3.05 MB)
- download a PDF of the Immunisation Handbook (PDF, 5.58 MB)
- download individual chapters of the Immunisation Handbook.
Refer to the Pharmaceutical Schedule (on the Pharmac website) for the number of funded doses, eligibility criteria and any subsequent changes to the funding decisions.
Changes to the 2nd edition
The April 2016 second edition changes include confirmed funding decisions, updates to vaccine safety and licensure information and corrections. References have been removed, updated or added where required.
In addition to the listed changes, other minor changes have been made to some chapters to improve clarity, consistency and accuracy; these changes are not specifically noted.
- Changes in the electronic Immunisation Handbook – April 2016 (Word, 108 KB)
- Funded vaccines for special groups (PDF, 110 KB), includes the new funding indications.