This section provides information about HIV and AIDS in New Zealand. It includes answers to frequently asked questions, recommendations for HIV testing of adults in health care settings, research and publications, and the AIDS New Zealand newsletter.
HIV and AIDS
In this section
- Answers to questions that are asked about HIV/AIDS, and the New Zealand context. Read more
- Potential parents living with HIV have the right to be fully informed regarding feeding options for babies born to mothers with HIV infection. Read more
- The Ministry of Health has accepted recommendations from its AIDS Medical and Technical Advisory Committee (AMTAC) with respect to the ‘normalisation’ of medical HIV testing. Read more
- Links to a range of research and related information on HIV and AIDS. Read more
- Publications on AIDS and HIV produced by the Ministry of Health and other organisations. Read more