Carer Support is a subsidy funded by the Ministry of Health to assist the unpaid, full-time carer of a disabled person to take a break from caring for that person.
Full-time carers will start to receive the updated claim:
- when a new allocation of Carer Support has been made for their client or
- where a claim form for Carer Support has been processed and paid, and a claim form is sent out with the client’s remaining Carer Support allocation.
These changes will:
- improve the accuracy of the information that is needed to complete a claim form
- simplify the claiming process for Carer Support claimants
- ensure that Carer Support payments are GST compliant.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact your NASC or the Ministry of Health Contact Centre on 0800 281 222.
Please note: you should not rely solely on the answers provided here; the contracts applicable to each provider and all relevant legislation must be consulted to determine the full rights & liabilities applicable to any service provider or funder.