Help with alcohol and drug problems

Alcohol and other drug abuse is really common. Find out about the services and information available for help with an alcohol or drug problem.

Where to start?

If you are concerned about your own or someone else’s alcohol or drug use and you want to do something about it, there are various support and treatment options available to you.

Services won’t be able to help you if you contact them while you are intoxicated.

In crisis? If you are really sick or concerned about someone’s condition call 111 and ask for an ambulance.

Choose what works for you

Look through the different types of resource and treatment options. Most are free, and provide information and confidential advice from trained professionals. You may want to contact just one provider, or try different services to find what works best for you. There's also information for your family, whānau, or friends if they need advice and support.

If you've been told that a service has a waiting time, don’t let this put you off making contact. Other supports can be put in place so ask what you can try in the meantime.

In this section

Back to top