You can call Healthline on 0800 611 116:
- for trusted health advice, treatment and information about what to do next
- from nurses, paramedics, advisors, and doctors who can help with prescriptions
- any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- you can choose to speak with a Māori clinician if you’re calling between 8am - 8pm
- interpreter services are available and NZ Relay support
Other health support:
- For COVID-19 health advice call the COVID Healthline 0800 358 5453 anytime
- For vaccination advice (COVID, flu, MMR (measles), Boostrix (whooping cough)) call the Vaccination Healthline 0800 28 29 26 (8am - 8pm 7 days a week)
- For support for the Disability Community with COVID testing, face mask exemptions, managing COVID at home and any general health concerns, call the Disability Helpline 0800 11 12 13 or text 8988. A person with experience or knowledge of disability will answer your call 8am - 8pm. After 8pm, calls are answered by a trained member of the Healthline team.
If you or your whānau are unwell, the best ways to get support are:
- if it’s a medical emergency – call 111
- a medical emergency includes chest pain or tightness, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding or bleeding that won’t stop, sudden weakness or difficulty talking, fainting or unconsciousness.
- call your family doctor – for advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- call Healthline free on 0800 611 116
- to get the treatment you need
- if you can’t access a GP or you don’t have one
- if you’re concerned or not sure about something
- for advice about what’s happening for you and next steps
- we can connect you with a doctor if that’s needed
- if you want advice on finding services near you
- you can check www.healthpoint.co.nz
Good things to know about Healthline
- Interpreters are available - the Healthline team can arrange to talk with you in your language - when your call is answered, say you'd like an interpreter and the language you’d like to speak in.
- They can also engage with the NZ Relay Services and support you if you are Deaf, hearing impaired, Deafblind or speech impaired. Note that NZ Relay Services are only available for limited hours.
- They can call you back - if you don’t need immediate help and would like one of the Healthline team to call you back – you can request a callback here.