Call Healthline free:
- For general health advice and information call 0800 611 116 anytime
- For COVID-19 health advice call 0800 358 5453 anytime
- For COVID-19 vaccination advice call 0800 28 29 26 (8am - 8pm 7 days a week)
The Healthline service has operated in Aotearoa for more than 20 years. In addition, there are key new services supporting the Government’s COVID response.
- The COVID Healthline is supporting people with information and advice about COVID, 24x7. People can call 0800 358 5453 or for international SIMs +64 9 358 5453.
- The COVID Vaccination Healthline provides vaccination information and helps people who are unable to book their vaccination appointment online. The team are available 8am – 8pm 7 days a week on 0800 28 29 26.
If you or your whānau are unwell, the best ways to get support are:
- call your family doctor – for advice or information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- call Healthline free on 0800 611 116:
- if you don’t have a family doctor
- if you’re feeling unwell but you’re not sure if you need to see a doctor
- for advice about what’s happening for you and next steps
- if you want some advice about a family member or a friend who’s sick (if you are with them)
- if you want advice on finding services near you - you can also check www.healthpoint.co.nz.
- if it’s a medical emergency – call 111.
- A medical emergency includes chest pain or tightness, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding or bleeding that won’t stop, sudden weakness or difficulty talking, fainting or unconsciousness.
Good things to know about Healthline.
- The Healthline team are specialists in assessing and advising over the phone.
- They can arrange to talk with you in your language - when your call is answered, say you'd like an interpreter and the language you’d like to speak in.
- They can also engage with the NZ Relay Services and support you if you are Deaf, hearing impaired, Deafblind or speech impaired. Note that NZ Relay Services are only available for limited hours.
- Phone calls are free – including from a mobile phone.
- You can call anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.