Contact Disability Support Services

Find out who to contact if you’ve got a question about Ministry-funded disability services, or if you need to make a complaint.

Contact Disability Support Services

Making a complaint about a disability service or support

If you have a problem or concern about any disability support services you are receiving you can talk or write to the manager of the service. The provider of your service will have a complaints process which they are required to make known to you.

If you need support and information to do this you can contact the Health and Disability Advocacy Service on:

Freephone: 0800 555 050
Website: Health and Disability Advocacy Service

This advocacy service is FREE and INDEPENDENT. An advocate will provide you with any assistance that you need, including writing a letter of complaint.

If you don’t want to complain to the service provider ...

If you feel unable to make a complaint to the organisation that provides your disability support services, or if you want to take your complaint further, you can contact:

  • Ministry of Health Disability Support Services

Freephone: 0800 373 664
Website: Disability services


  • The Health and Disability Advocacy service (contact details as above)


  • The Health and Disability Commissioner’s Office

Freephone: 0800 11 22 33
Website: Health and Disability Commissioner

Related websites

Health and Disability Commissioner
The Health and Disability Commissioner helps ensure your rights are upheld and complaints are taken care of.

Human Rights Commission
The Human Rights Commission can help if you’re not sure of your rights or want to make a complaint about discrimination.

Back to top