- Our work
- Making services better for users
- Community engagement with people with disabilities
Community engagement with people with disabilities
Advice to help you make it easier for people with disabilities to be involved when you are engaging with the community.
This checklist provides a potential structure for a project plan for community engagement with people with disabilities in particular.
Accessibility of the engagement and reporting process
Tips on ensuring that your consultation material, venues, meetings and reports are accessible to people with disabilities.
- Accessible presentations and other verbal communication
- Using images, diagrams, graphs and tables accessibly
- Using testimonials
Engaging with people with particular impairments
Tips to support an effective engagement process with people with particular impairments.
- People who are blind or vision impaired
- People with autism spectrum disorder
- People with complex communication needs
Legal rights and obligations
Disability is one of the prohibited grounds of discrimination under the Human Rights Act 1993.
Making a complaint or raising concerns
This section contains information on how to make a complaint or raise concerns about potential violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation.