The Well Child/Tamariki Ora programme is a series of health assessments and support services for children and their families from birth to five years. It also includes health promotion activities and is an important gateway for parents to access primary and specialist health care, education and social services. A review is currently under way to ensure the long-term sustainability of the programme.
Well Child/Tamariki Ora services
In this section
- Latest updates from the Well Child/Tamariki Ora review, including information about its purpose and timeframes. Read more
- Publications on Well Child/Tamariki Ora services, including the pracitioner handbook and national schedule. Read more
- Information on recent quality improvements made to Well Child/Tamariki Ora services. Read more
- Downloads of the Well Child Tamariki Ora growth charts and factsheets on their use. Read more
- Family Start provides home visits to families and whānau with challenges or problems that make it harder for them to care for their baby or young child. Read more