Alert Level 3 guidelines for providers of aged care services and aged residential care facilities.
Respite in aged care
- Planned respite services will be suspended, but urgent respite care may be provided.
Home and Community Support Services
- Essential personal care services, such as toileting, washing and feeding, will continue to be provided as usual.
- Home management (e.g. house cleaning) may be available depending on individual circumstances (where not providing this service would place a client at risk), Alert Level 3 precautions can be followed, and where required to maintain client safely at home.
Equipment and Modification services
- Equipment and modification services are essential. Under Alert Level 3, essential equipment can be provided that can be delivered to a person's home and safely set up by the people in that home.
- Providing more complex equipment will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Urgent housing modifications that can be done safely can go ahead.
- Vehicle modification requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Services not seen as essential
- Day services and programmes are suspended at Alert Level 3. People are encouraged to consider alternative ways to connecting, for example virtual supports.
- Health promotion activities for older people continue to be provided on a different non-contact basis, e.g. by phone.