Information for Equipment and Modification Services (EMS) assessors on decision-making and complaints processes, including when to consult with an EMS advisor.
Consultation with an EMS Advisor
This document provides guidance on when EMS assessors need to consult with EMS advisors.
Decision-Making and Complaints Processes
- Decision-Making and Complaints Processes (Word, 601 KB)
- Decision-Making and Complaints Processes (PDF, 323 KB)
This document describes the processes for these situations:
- services not supported by the EMS assessor
- review of an assessment by an EMS assessor
- review of a proposal by the Ministry’s EMS Review Panel
- making a complaint about any disability support service
- making a complaint about the outcome of the Prioritisation Tool, ie, funding not being available for equipment or modifications.
This document describes the process for making a complaint about the outcome of the Prioritisation Tool, ie, funding not being available for equipment or modifications. It includes information for EMS assessors about the prioritisation process and on explaining the process to clients.
Contacts for Clients
A print-out sheet with contact details for clients who aren’t happy with the outcome of the Prioritisation Tool. The sheet is designed to be printed and cut in three.