Information for Equipment and Modification Services (EMS) assessors on decision-making and complaints processes, including when to consult with an EMS advisor.
Consultation with an EMS Advisor
- Consultation with an EMS Advisor - June 2021 (Word, 620 KB)
- Consultation with an EMS Advisor - June 2021 (PDF, 274 KB)
This document provides guidance on when EMS assessors need to consult with EMS advisors.
Decision-making and review processes
- Decision-Making and Complaints Processes (Word, 601 KB)
- Decision-Making and Complaints Processes (PDF, 323 KB)
This document describes the processes for these situations:
- services not supported by the EMS assessor
- review of an assessment by an EMS assessor
- review of a proposal by the Ministry’s EMS Review Panel
- making a complaint about any disability support service.
This document describes the process for making a complaint about the outcome of a service request, ie, funding not being available for equipment or modifications.
Contacts for Clients
A print-out sheet with contact details for clients who aren’t happy with the outcome of a service request. The sheet is designed to be printed and cut in three.