NZ COVID Tracer app – The official Ministry of Health contact tracing app helps you keep a digital diary of the places you’ve been.
The Ministry of Health has developed a Digital Health Strategic Framework to guide the use of digital technologies and data to support a strong and equitable public health and disability system. Read more.
The Vision for Health Technology outlines how we see technology shaping the way New Zealanders 'live well, stay well and get well' in 2026. Read more.
Health information standards, common technologies, secure IT systems and environments and information governance all support the delivery of our strategic objectives.
The Ministry is responsible for reviewing health ICT investments.
Digital health initiatives
- Moving from analogue faxes to secure digital communications
- Patient Portals
- Digital enablement
- Digital Health Portfolio Reports
- Digital Systems Landscape
- Maturity Assessments
- Hira (National health information platform)
- Sponsored Data initiative
- Assessment framework for safe e-mental health tools