This section provides information on your eligibility for publicly funded health and disability services, the eligibility criteria and what you need to prove your eligibility.
Choose the option that matches your situation
- New Zealand Resident Class Visa Holders
- New Zealand citizens (including those from the Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau)
- Australian citizen or permanent resident who has lived, or intends to live, in New Zealand for two years or more
- Work visa holder eligible to be in New Zealand for two years or more
- People aged 17 years or younger, in the care and control of an eligible parent, legal guardian, adopting parent or person applying to be their legal guardian
- Interim visa holders
- New Zealand Aid Programme student receiving Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding
- Commonwealth scholarship students
- Foreign language teaching assistant
- Refugees and protected persons, applicants and appeallants for refugee and protection status, and victims of people trafficking offences
Is your situation different to those listed above?
If your situation does not match any of the options listed above, you may still be eligible for a limited range of services in certain situations.