Residential care subsidies

People who require long-term supported accommodation due to an illness or a disability may be entitled to access one of three subsidies: the Residential Care Subsidy, the Residential Support Subsidy, or the Top-Up Subsidy.

Residential Payments: A guide for administrators of residential facilities (PDF, 320 KB) outlines the role of the Ministry of Health in the payments process, and includes explanations of the terminology used. It provides examples of paperwork the Ministry requires from facilities before it can make payments, and gives information on the interactions necessary with agencies such as the Ministry of Social Development.

Please note: you should not rely solely on the answers provided here; the contracts applicable to each provider and all relevant legislation must be consulted to determine the full rights & liabilities applicable to any service provider or funder.

Back to top