Contact and address
5 Sale Street
PO Box 1018
|Phone||06 835 1840|
|Fax||06 835 2490|
Te Kupenga Hauora - Ahuriri has been providing independent, quality health and social services to Ahuriri (Napier) since 1994. Our services are mobile (we can come to you if needed) and, our services are also FREE.
Te Kupenga Hauora - Ahuriri’s Vision is:
“A healthy, strong, well educated and informed community”.
Te Kupenga Hauora - Ahuriri aims to manage the purchase and delivery of health, social and disability services to all people within Ahuriri (Napier) and broader areas of Ngati Kahungunu, with an emphasis on Maori people. Our services are all delivered from a kaupapa Maori perspective.
Our Services: How we can help you and your Whanau
Te Kupenga Hauora - Ahuriri offers the following Health & Social Services:
- Aukati Kai Paipa: Support to help you stop smoking.
- Community Nursing: Free checks include blood pressure, blood sugar levels, cervical screening and facilitation to specialist ears, nose and throat assessments.
- Dental Health Educator: Working with whanau to improve the oral health of their children.
- Family Start: A confidential, in-home service working with families of unborn or newborn babies under 12 months old to build strong families and futures.
- Healthy Lifestyles Coaches: Programme centred on improving health and wellbeing through better nutrition and regular exercise.
- Kia Piki Te Ora (Suicide Prevention): Promoting community action and coordination in relation to raising the awareness of suicide prevention.
- School-Based Nursing: Support from a Registered Nurse for tamariki/rangatahi at decile 1 schools in Napier and their whanau.
- Social Workers in Schools: Working with parents, children and schools providing advocacy and support within the school environment.
- Mobile Primary Whanau Ora Nursing & Health Promotions: Education, promotion and assessments on a range of conditions/topics such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, nutrition, asthma, strokes, and unintentional injuries.
- Youth Services: A Programme for youth not currently at school or working, focussed on supporting them to gain skills and qualifications needed to enhance their futures.
District health board region
Area we serve