Contact and address
|Physical address||6-8 Pioneer Street
|Postal address||PO Box 21933
|Phone||09 520 4796|
Hāpai Te Hauora Tāpui Ltd (Hāpai) are national leaders in Population Health, Public Health, Policy and Advocacy, Research and Evaluation, and Infrastructure Services. Our role is to support Māori communities and whānau to play a role in decision-making on matters affecting their health and well-being.
Hāpai affirms the rights to good health and wellbeing enshrined in Te Tiriti o Waitangi and that whānau Māori, hapū and iwi have the right to good health.
Hāpai acts to improve the hauora, or wellbeing of Māori and tauiwi alike, cognisant that such actions align with the rights and principles articulated within Te Tiriti o Waitangi and are strengths-based in their approach.
Hapai Te Hauora Tapui was created as a result of a tripartite agreement between Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua, Te Whanau o Waipareira Trust and Raukura Hauora o Tainui.
Our core business is:
- to create opportunities for Māori to influence change through proactive leadership
- to empower and support Māori to challenge and develop healthy public policy that reinforces healthy lifestyles and encourages role modelling with integrity
- to provide excellence in the implementation of Māori public health
- to provide national advocacy services to address tobacco related harm, disease and preventable death
- to deliver national coordination services for the SUDI Prevention sector and to provide leadership, oversight, monitoring, guidance and resources for those responsible for ensuring equity, child wellbeing and avoid preventable infant mortality
- to provide coordination service to all gambling harm prevention clinical and public health service providers
- to provide public health workforce development services to gambling harm prevention all public health service providers.
Health and disability services we offer
- Regional Māori Public Health Leadership and Health Promotion (Auckland Region)
- Regional Minimisation and Prevention of Gambling Harm (Auckland Region)
- National Tobacco Control Advocacy Services
- SUDI Prevention National Coordination Service
- Minimisation and Prevention of Gambling Harm National Coordination Service
- Minimisation and Prevention of Gambling Harm National Public Health Workforce Development
District health board region
All 20 DHB’s across Aotearoa New Zealand
Area we serve