In an emergency – call 111.
Call Healthline on 0800 611 116 if you need health advice about your baby or child.
Call PlunketLine on 0800 933 922 if you need advice about child health or parenting.
Call Parent Helpline on 0800 568 856 if you need parenting advice.
Healthline – 0800 611 116
Call Healthline on 0800 611 116 if you need advice about a child of any age who is unwell or hurt or has any symptoms of sickness.
Call Healthline if you or your child:
- feel unwell – but you are not sure if you need to see a doctor
- need some urgent advice about a whānau member or friend who’s sick
- are on holiday and want to know where the nearest doctor or pharmacy is.
Healthline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone calls to Healthline are free within New Zealand – this includes calls from a mobile phone.
Find out more about Healthline.
PlunketLine – 0800 933 922
Call PlunketLine on 0800 933 922 if you need advice about child health or parenting. Anyone in New Zealand can ring PlunketLine – your child does not have to be enrolled with Plunket.
PlunketLine nurses are there to help with:
- behaviour management
- toilet training
- your baby crying or not sleeping well
- your child’s growth, development or behaviour
- food and diet
- teeth and tooth-brushing
- the Well Child Tamariki Ora programme.
PlunketLine is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone calls to PlunketLine are free within New Zealand – this includes calls from a mobile phone.
Find out more about PlunketLine.
If you are worried about a baby or child – 0508 FAMILY (0508 326 459)
If you suspect child abuse or neglect or are worried that a baby or child you know is not safe or being well cared for, call Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children on 0508 FAMILY (0508 326 459) to speak to a social worker. The number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you think a baby or child is in immediate danger, call the Police on 111.
- Worried about a child? Tell us (Oranga Tamariki Ministry for Children website)