Here you can learn about contraception and talking to teens about sexual health.
In this section
- Contraceptive pills are a safe and effective way of preventing pregnancy. Not all types are suitable for all women – learn more about your options. Read more
- If you (or a family member) has had unprotected sex and are worried about being pregnant, you may want to take an emergency contraceptive pill. Read more
- An IUD is used to prevent pregnancy. Find out how to get one, and what the advantages and disadvantages are. Read more
- For protection against sexually transmissible infections, you should always use a condom. Read more
- Information on abortion services in New Zealand. Read more
- Teens that have had conversations with their parents about safe sex are more likely to make healthier choices about sex. Find tips on talking to your teenager. Read more