During a public health emergency, the Ministry of Health will make announcements on TV, radio, this website and other media and issue instructions on what to do.
In this section
- In the event of an emergency, ordinary systems and services are often disrupted and unhealthy conditions can develop. Be prepared and know what to do so you can protect yourself and your family from illness and disease. Read more
- Help understand emotional reactions to crisis and learn ways of coping. Read more
- Advice to help mothers and people caring for babies to feed their baby safely during an emergency. Read more
- The Ministry of Health has developed two resources with 1737 to assist those in mental distress as a result of the traumatic event in Christchurch. Read more
- New Zealand's Influenza Pandemic Plan and information for individuals, households, workplaces and health care services about how to prepare for an influenza pandemic. Read more