Your body begins to repair itself as soon as you quit smoking.
Quit for yourself, your whānau, your friends and your pocket. Improve not only your health but the health of your loved ones, and get more out of life.
Maybe you’ve tried to quit before and failed. It can be tough to quit smoking – 80% of current smokers would not smoke if they had their life over again.
However, every day people show it can be done. Read about people who have quit at Quitline blogs.
Get help to quit
Ready to quit smoking? You don’t have to do it alone.
- Call the Quitline on 0800 778 778.
- You are 5 times more likely to quit with Quitline than quitting alone.
- Quitline supports around 12,000 people to quit every year. Make yourself one of them.
- Talk to a Quitline advisor who will help you:
- create a personalised quit smoking plan
- understand your smoking addition
- set a date to stop smoking – your Quit Date.
- They’ll also send you a Quit Pack – this contains supportive information and your Quitcard. Take the Quitcard to your local pharmacy to get subsidised nicotine patches, gum and lozenges.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Start a Quitblog. Read about others’ stories and success, and share your own.
For more information, visit the Quitline tools to help you quit smoking.
Free support services in your region
There are Stop Smoking Service providers located throughout New Zealand, and they can help you on your quit journey. Your local service will be able to work with you to create your quit plan, with free and flexible support. See Local help to stop smoking.
Photo used courtesy of Quitline.