Information on some common disabilities.
In this section
- Overactivity, impulsiveness and difficulty paying attention are common in children – but if they are severe, and cause your child problems, they may be signs of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Read more
- Autism spectrum disorder describes a range of conditions where people have trouble in three areas of development: language skills, social behaviour, and cognitive and thinking skills. Read more
- Babies exposed to alcohol before birth may develop fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. This can cause problems with their growth and development, and there is no cure. Read more
- If you think you or your child has hearing loss, it’s important to get help early. Find out what the symptoms of hearing loss are. Read more
- What is low vision, information about managing daily tasks, help and rehabilitation, and where to go for help. Read more