What to do if someone's been hurt or poisoned.
Accidents and injuries
In this section
- Advice on how to care for cuts, grazes or puncture wounds, and when to seek medical help. Read more
- If you or a family member injures an eye, basic first aid can prevent further damage or loss of sight. Read more
- Some finger injuries can be serious and you will need to go to hospital. Find out when to seek help. Read more
- Head injuries can be very serious, even if there are no immediate symptoms. Find out when to get help. Read more
- There are many substances that can be poisonous, and most poisonings are accidental. Find out what to do if you or a family member has been exposed to poison. Read more